About Ajimat Permadi
View all posts by Ajimat Permadi
Billboard reports which In Diddy’s 4th annual Revolt Music Conference this October, hip jump star Queen Latifah will be rewarded using the Icon Award for her contributions to this civilization across many mediums within the previous 3 decades. SZA, Lauryn Hill, and Daniel Ceaser all will play in the big event in tribute to the Queen.
Queen Latifah’s standing As an icon was certified for years the Revolt Music Conference existed, but it is dope that she’s receiving the recognition on a stage. If you are not up on Latifah’s restart, peep the slideshow why she deserves every accolade that the hip hop community has and will continue to attract her manner.
Queen Latifah is Considered among also a pioneer of this civilization and the best emcees ever. She had been the first rapper to be nominated for an Oscar. Latifah also paved the way for artists such as Missy Elliott, Lauryn Hill, Nicki Minaj, Remy Ma, and Cardi B, and she did it while boosting messages of unity and empowerment.
Transition to Acting
The listing of rappers Successfully transitioned from audio into the large (or little) screen is quite brief, but Latifah’s title is close to the top. From dramatic characters in endeavors such as “Set It Off” and “Bessie,” to comedic characters in “22 Jump Street” and “Girl’s Trip,” Latifah has played with either side just like a pro.
No disrespect for those Additional sitcoms about young people residing in town using their smart, humorous, and effective buddies, but “Living Single” has been a far more significant show for Black men and women. Queen Latifah played the character of Khadijah and she wrote and played the theme tune that was timeless.
Reinvention: “The Dana Owens Album”
After cementing her Heritage for a rapper, Queen Latifah (aka Dana Owens) chose to change it up from the 3rd quarter and flaunt her singing skills. “The Dana Owens Album” was certified gold by the RIAA.
“The Queen Latifah Show”
Queen Latifah’s chat Series was canceled as a result of low ratings after two seasons, but the simple fact that it Produced at all is a testament to her drive and charm. The series featured Discussions and guests that may not have occurred on other chat shows. Additionally, It revealed Black children who love rap You Don’t need to be Contentious (or Oprah Winfrey/Steve Harvey) to get your own display.
GADGET, this word refers to any electronic device that has a very specific function as voice recording, music playing, surveillance, video playing, photos displaying, etc. The good thing here is you can access these electronic gadgets anywhere and anytime.
I’ll talk about some of these electronic gadgets, what’s their jobs and how you can enjoy with them.
Audio Gadgets, gadgets that help you to listen to your favorite music anywhere, it’s a very small, lightweight and smart device that can play any type of music in all formats as mp3, wav, wma, etc. Audio gadgets may be just a mp3 player with different memory spaces, it may be 256mb, 512mb, 1gb, 2gb, it even may be 20gb according to your needs.MP3 player gadget may be built-in another thing as sunglasses with built-in mp3 player, it’s very good for the people who have an active lifestyle. It also may be with watches, pens and digital cameras.
iPod, it’s the perfect electronic gadget has been known until now, it do very well with music and recording functions, it also has other functions as FM radio, E-book functions, voice recording, it has great models according to the space of flash memory. It can play all types of music and in some models it can play videos and display pictures, GREAT GADGET, isn’t it.
Video Gadgets, another function of some gadgets to enjoy your time, by these gadgets you can watch your favorite videos and display/share your personal photos. MP4 player is one of those gadgets which allow you to watch your films, video clips, personal recordings and even play games. It should supports all video and photo files, it also should has a high resolution screen for good displaying.
Camera Gadgets, as wireless internet cameras, surveillance cameras, sunglasses cameras, etc. By some models of the wireless internet cameras you can access your camera from anywhere and at anytime by using the IP address, it’s very good idea to have a something like that.
This was a very short description about some of those gadgets providing you some information on haw you can benefit from the electronic gadgets, there are very great gadgets available now, they are created to have a better life, just search to find.
Because the pipe organ is the most complex of all musical instruments, it is only natural, that the art of organ playing is very complex. It is easy for the beginner to be overwhelmed by the various details, such as articulation, registration, correct notes, rhythms, fingering and pedaling. However, very first thing an aspiring organist must do is to learn the correct manner of posture and sitting on the organ bench.
So, how do you sit on the bench? We sit in the middle of the organ bench. The height of the bench should be such that your feet should be slightly touching the pedal board. Not pressing the pedals, but hovering.
Put the bench in a position exactly in parallel with the keyboards. I have seen people position the bench in such a way that its left side is farther from the keyboards than the right side. They claim this is more comfortable because the right foot does most of the work with the swell pedal.
This is not correct. If you put the bench in this position, then when you sit, your body is positioned not straight but stretched to the left side. Over time, this type of sitting may cause problems for the body. So it is best if the organ bench is in parallel with the keyboards.
The distance of the bench from the keyboards should be such that your toes should almost be touching the sharp keys. By the way, this is very useful if you want to hit the right notes on the pedal board. If your feet touch the edges of the sharp keys, you will feel the arrangement of the sharp keys in groups of two and three.
The empty spaces between B flat and C sharp and D sharp and F sharp will show you exactly where the white keys B and C, and E and F are located. This helps in getting to know the pedal board.
When you sit on the bench, try to keep your back straight, shoulders down and relaxed, breath normally. Your arms should be positioned close to the body. However, it is not uncommon for people with some piano experience to keep their arms stretched out to the sides a little. Although this position might work on the piano, it is not really correct on the organ.
It is so because many pieces for the piano involve large leaps for both hands. Therefore, the arms may not be close to the body and they must be ready to jump. But with organ music the leaps are mostly done from manual to manual. Consequently, the elbows must be close to the body.
The 0x0eedfade error is a big problem for many Windows PCs which are continually showing the message when they cannot correctly process software or settings that are on your system. The problem with this error is specifically that your PC will try and read the various files it needs to run your software, but will somehow have a problem that will prevent it from being able to correctly process the settings. If you find this problem is showing continually on your system, you can fix it by using the tools & methods which are going to repair any of the problems that your PC may have.
This error is basically caused by the “software” (usually Internet Explorer) on your PC being unreadable and unable to load up. The problem you’re seeing will likely show in this format:
- “The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a5b”
The specific cause of this error is that there will be some problem with the program you’re trying to load. The most common issue is that “Internet Explorer” will have third party plugins which are not loading correctly. In order to resolve the problem, you first need to disable any of the third-party plugins which your Internet Explorer application may have, as well as then fixing any potential problems on the Windows system itself.
The way to resolve this error is to first make sure that Internet Explorer doesn’t have any third-party plugins which are causing problems. To do this, you should click onto “Open IE > Tools >Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Uncheck “Enable Third Party Browser Extensions (Require Restart)”. This will then allow you to load up Internet Explorer without any other software programs to disrupt or damage it, which should stop the 0x0eedfade error on most systems. On top of that, it’s also recommended that you repair your installation of Windows by updating it and then reinstalling any other programs which may be causing errors.
It’s also recommended that you use a “registry cleaner” program to scan through your PC and fix any of the potential problems that you may also have with the registry database of your system. The registry database is a large central storage facility which keeps all the files, settings and information that your computer will use to run, and is used by Windows to help load up everything from your desktop icons to your stored passwords. One of the most common causes of the 0x0eedfade error is actually down to the registry being damaged and corrupted, preventing your system from correctly being able to read the files it needs to run. To ensure this is not a problem, you should repair any potential registry errors that you have on your PC by downloading, installing and running a registry cleaner application.
A do-it-yourself (DIY) wedding in New York City sounds like an oxymoron, but it can be done. There are various ways of complying with that statement above and all for under $10,000. Well, under $10,000. You can still have quite an extravagant wedding, even an over the top wedding for under $10,000 AND in New York. Let me show you how it can be done, including your honeymoon. Now I know you’re thinking that is an impossibility. My husband and I did it and so can you.
It mostly depends on just what it is you want your fantasy day to say and whether or not one thing is the most important item or if you would prefer to have featured several things. For me I wanted the colors of our wedding to be featured, my dress and the water feature for my husband at the reception. At another time I will tell you about my excursions to and from the various locations to secure, just what I wanted for my wedding. Right now, I will give you the nitty-gritty about what I reaped from my excursions.
What if you only wanted one thing to be the major featured item? Of course, it does not have to be just one thing, it can be several, but just so you don’t go crazy, I suggest you choose one to two items rather than a whole slew, but if you want more than that, don’t do any more than five. Most brides start off believing they can do it all and realize within eight to six months of the wedding that they can not. A friend’s help comes in quite handily, after all your really close friends will have asked you all along what they can do to help. At about ten to eight months out from the wedding is the best time to take them up on their offers. I did. More about me later, though. I have a friend who did a wedding with a potluck reception at a very famous church here in Manhattan and even though it was phenomenally delicious, to my idea that was not even the featured item in her wedding. I am getting ahead of myself though.
Her wedding had a committee of three women -the project managers- to help her stay within her budget which was WAY under $10,000. I believe she and her new husband paid no more than $6000 for their entire wedding, which included the reception space in that very same famous church. They did not pay for catering which can be quite pricey when it comes to weddings. In fact, the wedding couple paid nothing for the food at the reception, so plus the cost of the space, If they’d paid for catering it would have run close to the $6000 for their 150 guests. By having a potluck, she paid nothing other than the cost of the hall. The Riverside Church Chapel for me cost $800 (In a previous article, I said $1200, but in reality it was $800 for mine.) in 2005, but for another friend of mine last year, she paid $1500. I got the members’ cost, but last year, there was no differential between members and nonmembers, so even though she is a member, she had to pay big bucks.
My friend’s wedding costs are an approximation, because I didn’t pry that much,.. yet. She is out of the country now, so I can not ask her at all, but I am judging from her comments to me at the time. Forgetting about the cost of hers and her husband wearing apparel which I can tell you he had his own tux in his closet and her wedding dress was bought from a non-wedding wedding store on sale.
- Since my friend is a singer too, she had friends who sang during her wedding, that were of course gratis or gifts. Basically that is a win-win situation all around. Since you tap your friends, you tap the voices you want singing your songs of choice. That’s what I did and both she and her ex-husband sang at my and my husband’s wedding.
- Here’s a big tip if you don’t want to spend big time money on your dress, if it’s to be one of the featured items, go to a non-wedding store in search of your gown. Personally I went to Filene’s Basement bridal store, a year before my wedding and bought a dress for $536 with tax, so it is possible to pay for a dress under $3000. But my friend did not go the bridal store route. She went to Paramus Mall to Lord & Taylor. I don’t remember exactly how much she paid, but I do know it was almost half as much as my dress.
- She also did not go with a traditional veil, but went with a tiara alone. For mine, I had both, but did not pay a premium for either. I made up my own veil for less than $10 and found a tiara that didn’t look cheap at Claire’s Accessories for less than $20. She wore a tiara as well. A gold tiara, which costs no more than a $100.
- For her reception, she had no music, we’d had plenty during her wedding ceremony. In another article I’ve already told you about using your own Mp3 player and saving big bucks in that respect. If you do want to hire a DJ or reception host, I suggest you go with a friend of a friend who is just starting to spin, but that the friend can vouch for their abilities, if you have not experienced them for yourself. Remember, whatever you do, GET a contract. One that spells out exactly what you want and expect them to do at the party. That means the songs you expect and when. That way, the surprises won’t have anything to do with dancing. That way both you and your guests can be happy without much annoyance on anyone’s part. New DJ’s can start as low as $75 an hour and go up from there. If you want an established DJ, it could be as much as $125 – $350 an hour. This again is if you want to stay within your budget of $10000. Just remember you will need your DJ for at least four hours, so do your multiplication from there.
- Transportation: Ah, you can go the traditional route with the white limos, or you can go with black limos, too. Did you know that the color of the limo can determine the price. White limos are more expensive and if you mention wedding additional money is added for that special day. Just be glad that you are not going to prom, because that is the limousine’s big day(s) for money making. Limousines can be anywhere from $500 for a two and half hour rental to, of course thousands. To really save money, if you are friends with a special car association you could rent or borrow the owners’ cars. Or now with the Internet companies, Zip Car, Drive Mint or even Connect By Hertz you could rent a car of your dreams for a great rates. Each of these dot com hourly car rentals can save you a bundle. Think about it.
- Did you guess already that the featured item for my friend’s wedding was the dress? Well, if you did you would have been correct. The bride wore, what appeared to be gold. In actuality, the dress was a copper lace with a light pink undergarment that peeked through, which made the dress upon entrance and even as she continued to walk down the aisle appear to be molten liquid gold. She was drummed in. Of course, the bride is usually the center piece of most weddings, but as they say in the theater, people were humming the dress the rest of the evening, especially since she was able to match the dress with a cape, that was already in her closet.
- Transportation – Getting to and sometimes from the wedding ceremony can be challenging when it comes to keeping costs down, but with these suggestions you can be home free.
Tux Rental $56
Limo/Catering $375/$625 = $1000
Special added catering $0 Wedding gift from Mother-in-Law
Professional Photographer $400 for 5 hours – childhood friend of groom
Video $0 Best Man’s gift
Ceremony/Minister $800 Christ Chapel Riverside Church
Flowers $375 from Flower wholesaler
Reception rental and 2 cases of champagne $1251
DJ $250 – 4.5 hours
Printer $68 printing wedding invitations & thank you notes
Papers Invitations, Envelopes, (Inner/Outer) Thank You Notes/Envelopes $82
Save-the-Date magnets $16
Miscellaneous Favors, candles, material, silk rose petals, disposable cameras, decorative Chinese boxes, & tissue paper $350
Honeymoon Cruise & extras $1391
Our total expenditures in 2005 Wedding/Honeymoon $7400
- Car Rental for the weekend: Go Green with http://www.ConnectbyHertz.com $160.33/weekend day whether it is for 6 hours or 24 hours. Go with the 24 since you can use it for those last minutes things that come up before the wedding. That is for a smart Fortwo, talk about making an entrance. Keep in mind with Hertz you can pick the car up at one location and drop it off somewhere else, as long as they have a lot. That could save you some time. For instance: pick up at a Hertz on the upper west side and drop it off at one of their hotel locations especially if you’re not going away to your honeymoon right away..
- Car rental for the 3-day weekend from Speedy-Rent-A-Car $205.00
- Rental from Zipcar.com or DriveMint.com are by the hour from $11.00 – $17.00 for the weekend depending on the car. A Scion Xb or smart Fortwo on the low end hourly or a Mercedes on the high end hourly at DriveMint.com
- Or offer relatives and friends a couple of dollars, depending on your budget, to chauffeur you and your wedding party around for a couple of hours.
- What if you want to have your wedding catered, it is still possible to do it economically in a big city, whether it is in New York City or Chicago, or even Boston, you just need a bit of ingenuity to stay within your budget. If you’re a curious detailed oriented person like I am, then you’ll decide this is the fun part, the chase or the journey to end that you really want. It is actually the magic part about the entire wedding, I think, because you are at the stage where you are shaping the outcome of the day. It will take patience and possibly legwork, to see just what you might be getting for the day of event, but the hunt (for the guys) is on and it can be a great deal of fun. Here are a few tips:
- Decide on the type of wedding and plan your food accordingly. Such as casual, spiffy-casual, or formal, (usually sit down) While casual and spiffy-casual may come very close to looking like the same thing, they really are quite different when it comes to food. I have seen casually catered events start as low as $12.95 per person or just under $1200 for 85 people. This is strict buffet style, no seating provided, but stand-up cocktail tables in various spots with food arrangements on them along with some passed appetizers, as well.
- My friend’s wedding although it had a very high-church of various cultures feel to it had a casual reception, since all the guests were expected to bring something. With her committee of ‘wedding corralling ladies’, the guests with each acceptance of the invitation was then asked what were they bringing. By doing it that way my friend saved all sorts of money and even had leftovers. Wedding party paid nothing, zero, zip, for that feast. Their reception had everything from appetizers to desserts including rum balls, (YUM!). Some of us were getting high just smelling the rum balls, additionally there was even a fruit bowl.
- Another casual reception could be to have a stand around party with a huge sandwich or various pizzas or have your new mother-in-law make something for the crowd. You can probably strike up a deal with your favorite pizza store once you pass 10 pizzas. Figure at 3 slices per guest and you’ve got it made. For instance, a pizza usually has 12 slices and for 80 guests, you’d have to have 20 pies feeding each person 3 slices each. My neighborhood pizza store sells a large pie for $16 each, but if I ordered 20 pies for 85 guests, my budget for food would be at around $350. Even as much as $350, you must give your guests something to wash down the pizzas.
- For more organic less oil, use whole grain flat breads; American or Italian version with different toppings, as your starter rather than bread and cheese.
- Perhaps as I did you can get a combination price with another feature of the wedding. My limousine company managed a caterer and so I got a combination price. Plus, my new mother-in-law, made something special in large quantities for her son. We had 85 guests and our total with the 4-hour use of the limousine and caterer was $625. My new mother-in-law’s food was gratis. Ours was a casual formal of sorts. It was buffet style with seating.
- The formal caterer or sit down with service is where you’ll have to weigh your options on how much is too much. These types often run as low as $27 per person and up into the thousands. If you’re trying to do a wedding for under $10,000, as I am advocating then you’re probably priced out of this market unless you can strike a deal with one of your favorite restaurants. Perhaps Carmine’s, in which the food is served family-style, but everyone is sitting. This could be a possibility. My friends took me there for graduation and we ordered one full meal and had left overs for two additional people.
- If using Carmine’s works for you, I am betting that it can work for your budget as well. Think about it, a main dish for a meal is $21 – 25, which easily feeds 5 – 6 people. If you have 12 tables of 8 could still be pricey, but your guests will be full and have potential doggy bags to take home. Roughly your pricing could still be under $1000, even with the addition of salad, garlic bread and dessert. YUM! A pure feast to behold.
- Decorations is another item that can run into lots of pennies. In this instance, I am talking about the flowers for the bride and the wedding party and the extras for the reception to make it wedding theme oriented. The extras could include tulle and floating or almost infinite ideas as motifs or table decorations of some kind. Here are few of my favorites with pricing of the day:
- Check any of the websites that sell pre-made flowers and you’re good to go. Flower arrangements start as low as $29.95 and go $79.95 for our purposes. Flowers can, of course go into the hundreds from these websites and upward if you use a florists.
- To cut cost further, the bride and matron/maid of honor could be the only people to carry flowers and then everything else could be decorated at the ceremony venue with tulle or aisle candles.
- At the reception venue, the theme could be carried further with floating candles on the tables as centerpieces instead of flowers. If, like we did, you have a water feature, add some floating candles, larger than the table candles, to it and call it a day. Candles at the reception venue could run you a whopping $100 to start unless you want or have a half an acre to decorate.
- Add some special candies or other cheery items for the table; M&M’s or Jordan Almonds or Junior mints. We went with special made-to-order M&M’s. I bought 3 bags and that was all I needed, at $11 per bag, it was a steal. And you get to choose your colors so they can coordinate with your wedding colors. Pretty cool, I think and inexpensive, too.
- Don’t forget those disposable cameras, so your guests can snap some fun pictures as well. Check out various websites and you might be able to get 9 cameras all for $35, just like I did.
So, it can be done with a bit of ingenuity, verve, and flair. Dreamers can.
The accounting procedure, for recording information, involves two steps, namely journalizing and posting. It follows that every business must maintain a journal (books of original or prime entry) and a ledger (principal book). Thus the system of book-keeping originally envisages that all the transactions must be recorded first in the book of original record, i.e., journal and then each transaction so recorded in the journal should be posted in the principal book, i.e., ledger. Subsequently it was experienced that the labor of recording each transaction with narration in the journal and then posting each entry in two different accounts in the ledger was enormous. The procedure was more time-consuming and resulted in higher establishment cost.
It is but natural that in every business most of the transactions relate to receipts and payments of cash; purchases of goods ;. sales of goods etc. It was found to be convenient and economical to keep separate books to record each particular class of transactions. Each separate book meant to record transactions of a particular class is the book of original or prime entry. It is also known as sub-journal or subsidiary book. The system under which transactions of similar nature are entered in the relevant’ subsidiary book and on the basis of which ledger is written is known as the ‘practical system of book- keeping’. This system reduces labor and time of recording the transactions as impersonal accounts, viz., sales account, purchases account etc., receive the posting of totals and not of individual transactions. However, this system also conforms to the basic rules of the double entry system.
Generally the following subsidiary books are used in the business:
(1) Cash book : records receipts and payments of cash including transactions relating to bank;
(2) Purchases book: records credit purchases of goods meant for sale or for conversion into finished goods;
(3) Returns outwards book: records return of the goods to the suppliers due to several reasons;
(4) Sales book: records credit sales of the goods dealt in by the business;
(5) Returns inwards book : records the return of goods by the customers to the business ; (vi) Bills receivable book: records the receipts of bills of exchange, promissory notes and hundies of various parties;
(6) Bills payable book: records the issue of bills exchange, promissory notes and hundies to the various parties:
Advantages of sub-journals
(1) It results in saving of time by (a) enabling the recording procedure to be carried on simultaneously in different subsidiary books and (b) by posting the periodical totals in the impersonal accounts.
(2) It makes information available regarding each particular class of transactions.
(3) At the time of preparing trial balance the checking is easier because books being many, different persons can carry out the job.
In any business, perhaps, the largest number of transactions of one nature must relate to cash and bank. It is so because every transaction must, ultimately, result in a cash transaction. Now if every cash transaction is to be recorded in journal, it will involve an enormous amount of labor in debiting or crediting cash or bank account in the ledger for each transaction. Therefore, it is convenient to have a separate book, the cash book, to record such transactions. Maintaining of cash book removes the necessity of having cash and bank accounts in the ledger. This book enables us to know the balance of cash in hand and at bank at any point of time.
Cash book consists of cash and bank accounts taken out of ledger and maintained separately; thus it is a substitute of ledger for cash and bank accounts. It is also a book of original entry because cash and bank transactions are not recorded in any other subsidiary book.
Types of cash books
The type of cash book to be used by any business will depend upon its nature and requirements. It may be anyone of the following:
(1) Single column cash book (cash column).
(2) Double column cash book (cash and discount columns).
(3) Triple column cash book (cash, discount and bank columns).
(4) Bank cash book (bank and discount columns).
Generally, each business will use anyone of the above types of cash book along with “petty cashbook” which is maintained on memorandum basis.
Distinction between cash A/c and Cash book
Actually cash book is a perfect substitute of cash account. In both, cash transactions are recorded date wise in order of occurrence. Cash balance as on any date can be ascertained by balancing both on any day desired. Yet there are some differences between the two as given below:
1. Is an account in the ledger.
2. Cash account is part of the ledger. Cash account is opened in the ledger in which posting is done from some book of original entry i.e. journal
3. In cash account posting is not followed by narration.
4. It only records one aspect of transaction involving cash and bank.
1. Is a separate book of accounts forming part of accounting system.
2. Cash book records entries directly from transactions and these is no need for a book of prime entry.
3. In cash book entries are followed by narration also.
4. It records both the aspects of this transaction in cash and bank columns to complete double entry posting.
I always tell my pupils that oboe vibrato is a musical issue rather than a technical one. Ideally, it should develop naturally. Assuming your basic playing technique is correct it should arrive almost subconsciously simply by hearing good oboists play. When used properly it enhances the oboe’s tone. Vibrato is not, of course, unique on the oboe. It is used by many other instruments and also by singers.
Oboe vibrato is achieved by pulsing the air flow with the diaphragm. Some players, wrongly, try to create a vibrato by using the muscles of either the throat or jaw. This is very difficult to control and will detract from rather than enhance the tone. When we play we always try to keep the throat as open as possible and the jaw as relaxed as possible. These two wrong ways of attempting vibrato will undermine that basic technique and impinge on most aspects of control. In particular it will have an adverse effect upon the oboe sound.
As I said above, vibrato should develop naturally. Sometimes, however, it is necessary for students to learn how to do it if it does not develop naturally. In this article I will explain how I always tackle the problem of actually teaching vibrato when it does not develop instinctively. It is also useful for players who have acquired it naturally to understand exactly what is happening and how to use it effectively.
One of the sayings about oboe vibrato is that you should not have to think about creating it, but about stopping it. It is a technique which should be instinctive and should vary in speed and intensity as dictated by the music. One specific situation which players will often face is that of a long note with a crescendo. To be able to gradually add vibrato to the note, making the vibrato grow in intensity as the note grows dynamically can be tremendously effective.
So, how do I teach oboe vibrato when necessary? Take a nice secure note on the instrument (4th line ‘D’ is usually a good choice on most oboes). Begin quietly and crescendo to a good ‘forte’ and then diminuendo back to the level at which you began. Check all the time that all the work is being done by the diaphragm with the lips merely adjusting as necessary to keep the note in tune. When you feel that you can achieve this well, begin to do a continuous crescendo-diminuendo pattern as long as your breath lasts – a long note that is going up and down in volume. At this stage, what you are producing is actually a very slow vibrato. The next step is simply to gradually increase the speed until you have a vibrato which is controlled and correctly produced. Do check all the time that you are working with the diaphragm and not the throat or jaw. The embouchure will move slightly in response to the pulsing of the air but should never be actually doing the pulsing itself. The final step in the learning process is to work on varying the speed and intensity as different musical contexts will require a different vibrato.
Remember what I wrote at the beginning of this article, that vibrato is a musical issue and not a technical one. The whole purpose of vibrato is to enhance the oboe tone and add colour to the piece being played. It should be possible to play a vibrato at any speed or intensity which is most appropriate to the music.
Copyright (c) 2010 Robert Hinchliffe
Music production involves creating the music from scratch and sound engineering involves mixing the different instruments together so it sounds nice.
I will reveal both aspects as they relate to D.J.’ing but more so on the production side.
For most established D.J.’s, meaning those who have been D.J.’ing for a while whether it is in their bedroom or in the club, music production is the next logical step. Because D.J.’s play so many different types of music they come across a lot of beats and sounds. This inspires some D.J.’s to sample those beats and sounds and make up their own songs.
This is the beginning of the music production stage. There are 3 stages to music production: pre-production, music production and postproduction.
Stage 1 Pre-production
The music production stage is the crafting of the new song. I call this the pre- production stage because you are just experimenting with music. This is where music from the record or mp3 is sampled using a sampler or drum machine like an Akai MPC. But before you can sample and produce music you have to make sure your gear is properly connected:
So that I can sample sounds into my Akai drum machine I have my Technics turntable going into the phono input of my stereo unit. Then I take the phono out of my stereo unit to the input of my MPC 3000. My MPC gets connected to my Akai DPS 24.Then the DSP 24 is connected to the CD input of the stereo unit so I can hear what I produce.
In order to sample I have to make sure I select the phono option on my stereo unit. After I sample the sounds I have to switch to the CD option on my stereo unit so I can hear the playback from the drum machine. Once you’ve completed your musical arrangement and saved all of your work and you are satisfied with it you can move into the part two of the pre-production phase.
During this phase is when you bring in artists to perform on you track. This is where you begin to rearrange the track or music you created with the artists. This collaboration period enables you and the artists to make minor adjustments to the music and the lyrics. You may also add to or take away parts of the track such as adding additional drums or strings. The artists will practice their song using your track. Once this is very tight you move to the studio to lay the music and the vocals on separate recording tracks. The reason why you want to practice before you get to the studio is because studio time is very expensive and you don’t want to waste time practicing in. That is where you need to focus all of your time making sure the music and vocals are recorded cleanly without pops and clicks.
Stage 2 Music Production
When you get to the studio this is where the sound engineer comes into play. This person is responsible for making sure all of you music sounds excellent. These people have years of experience. Some D.J./Producers also like to engineer their own music because they know how they want their music to sound. If this is the case then the sound engineer simply assists the D.J. with mixing the music and using the studio equipment.
The mixing part of the music production phase is done in the studio where all of the music tracks and vocal tracks are blended together to give you what you hear on your CD.
Each musical instrument and vocal track is mixed and adjusted using what is called a mixing board like my Akai DPS24 only larger or software based mixing console like Pro Tools.
Stage 3 Postproduction
After the mixing is done the postproduction process begins. The final mix is taken to what is called a Mastering Studio where specialized equipment is used to bring out the best possible sound. When this process is completed the final results of the song are then pressed on CD or vinyl and sold to the customer.
In these days of ever increasing reliance on technology and gadgets many people have taken the choice to purchase a universal solar charger. With more people purchasing web connected devices, the need for keeping these devices powered is more important than ever.
Solar power works by converting the energy provided by the sun into electricity. Solar panels are made from photo-voltaic cells, these cells were first made by Bell laboratories in the early 1950’s. Briefly, photo-voltaic cells work by using the power of light itself. Light is mainly consisted of photons which create an electric imbalance within the photo-voltaic cells upon striking the surface. This electric imbalance then causing an electric current to flow within a circuit created in the device. This current flow can then be used to either power a device directly or, more commonly in the case of a solar charger, be used to charge a battery which can then be used to provide power to another device.
A good universal solar charger will be able to attach to a variety of devices. They connect either via the use of different tips for the devices or they can alternatively physically attach to the batteries which the device may contain. A good quality charger will also be able to fully charge the device using its internal battery.
Its pretty easy to come to the main advantage of a solar charger, mainly that it does not require external power to charge a device. This is extremely handy if you are going to be spending some time away from mains power. Examples include when camping or exploring the great outdoors or when spending time in a music festival which just about has toilets let alone electric!
Solar power is also extremely environmentally friendly. Most domestic power is either generated via coal/gas powered power plants or through nuclear power. Both of these types of power generation produce harmfull byproducts which can harm the environment. Coal/gas burning power stations produce large quantities of greenhouse gases while the risk from radiation produced by nuclear power can never be totally dismissed.
In contrast, solar power is a form of renewable power. Along with wind and tidal power generation it is a clean form of power which creates no greenhouse gases and no radiation risks.
The next big advantage is cost. Once you purchase a solar charger there is no more cost involved in charging your device, unlike mains power which seems to increase in cost every six months!
The biggest disadvantage of solar chargers is that they need light to work. The efficiency of the photo-voltaic panels has increased greatly over the last decade or so, reaching the point where they do not need direct sunlight to work but will now create a satisfactory current even under overcast conditions. But it is still something you should be aware of depending where in the world you are based.
Charging your device via a solar charger can also be a lot slower than using a mains charger. This is due to the current generated by the solar panels being a lot less than what you would find at home. Universal solar chargers try to overcome this by utilising a lithium-ion battery within it. These types of battery are very good at releasing a higher charge than conventional ni-cad batteries, thus they create a higher current in their charging circuit.
This sums up the main pro’s and con’s of a universal solar charger.
The 0×800ccc0d error will often show when you try and send / receive email messages in Microsoft Office Outlook. The error generally occurs when your computer cannot connect to the mail server for whatever reason – leading it to show an error message when you try and download the messages to your PC. Although this problem is actually very common, it’s quite easy to fix if you know what’s causing it & how to fix the issue.
The error will normally show in this format:
- No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
- The server could not be found. (Account:account name, POPserver:’mail’, Error Number: 0×800ccc0d)
The causes of this error are numerous, and are basically where your PC will be unable to connect to the various mail services it requires to download / send the emails it needs. Each time you check your “email” in Outlook, it basically downloads your messages from a selection of email servers. These servers store your messages and allow you to receive your mail anywhere you have an Internet connection. The problem that you’re seeing can be caused by the likes of incorrect login details, damaged registry settings or a faulty Internet connection – and basically prevent your PC from connecting to the servers it requires to run.
The first step to fixing the 0×800ccc0d error is to use ensure that your Internet connection is working correctly and your login details are correct. All email servers require you to log in with the correct details before they can allow you to download your emails – so by clicking onto Outlook’s “Options” menu, and then to “Email Accounts”, you should ensure that your login details are typed in correctly to the program. On top of that, you should ensure your Internet connection is working by loading up a random website, as well as temporarily disabling any firewalls you may have on your system.
It’s also recommended that you use a “registry cleaner” to fix any of the damaged or corrupted settings which may lead the 0×800ccc0d error to show. Registry cleaners scan through the registry of Windows – which is a central database that stores all the files & settings your PC needs to run. These software tools are very popular because of the way they are able to fix a huge number of problems on your system – allowing your computer to run as smoothly and reliably as possible. It’s often the case that the registry database of your PC will either become damaged or corrupted, leading your software to behave in very strange ways. Fixing these issues with a registry cleaner should ensure the 0×800ccc0d error will not show again.